- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Patricia Gras interviews Program Integration Eligibility Screening (PIES) chairman, James McCormick, and Dr. Joe Rubio, director of community service for the March of Dimes, Texas, Gulf Coast Chapter, on community health care services in Houston. In the second segment, J. D. Houston hosts a discussion with Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, Robert C. Newberry of the Houston Post, and Prof. Robert Stein of Rice University, on the possibility of a lottery in Texas, and taxes in the state. In the third segment, Houston and Gras discuss national neutrality with Alfred Killias, the Swiss Consul General in Houston. The fourth segment is a discussion about the math curriculum with Paul Shoecraft, Associate Prof. of Math Education at the University of Houston-Victoria and his wife, a teacher in the Victoria Public Schools. Roger Gray provides commentary on the war in the Persian Gulf.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- McCormick, James; Rubio, Joe; Ely, Jane; Newberry, Robert C.; Stein, Robert; Killias, Alfred; Shoecraft, Paul; Gray, Roger; Community health services; Lotteries; Persian Gulf War; Public television
- Middle East
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11899; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm55977v132; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do79526c64c