- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Gladys Roberts, Chair of the Harris County Emergency Corps, Laverne Hogan, Executive Director of the 911 Service, and Maj. John P. Matthews, Commander of the Technical Services Bureau for Harris County Sheriff's Dept., about financial problems facing the Harris County Emergency Corps. Second segment is interview with Joy Fitzgerald, Executive Director of the Housing Authority of Houston, Lenwood Johnson, President of the Allen Parkway Village Residents Council, and Rev. Samuel Smith, of the Freedmen's Town/4th Ward Neighborhood Association, about the Allen Parkway Village public housing, and how it will be affected by the 4th Ward redevelopment. Third segment is interview with homeowner Don Sanders, and Representative Debra Danburg, about an area west of the 4th Ward that will also be impacted by redevelopment. In the fourth segment, Houston and Bowser talk Houston sports with sports analyst, Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from Rev. Bill Lawson.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Roberts, Gladys; Hogan, Laverne; Matthews, John P.; Fitzgerald, Joy; Johnson, Lenwood; Smith, Samuel; Sanders, Don; Danburg, Debra; Jackson, Alvin; Lawson, William; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11857; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm0443nw04x; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do8361rh606