- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is an interview with Elizabeth Swasey of the National Rifle Association, about the passage of the Brady Bill. The N. R. A., who supported the Staggers Bill which calls for mandatory background checks in the purchase of handguns, opposes the Brady Bill, calling it a setback. In the second segment, Patricia Gras interviews Clymer Wright, the chairman of Citizens for Term Limitation on term limitation. In the third segment, Pat Ryan interviews State Representative Mario Gallegos on the restructuring of the city council. The fourth segment is a panel discussion with Prof. Robert Stein of Rice University, Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post about city council and term limitations. Garvin Berry provides commentary on the restructuring of Houston's city council.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Swasey, Elizabeth; Wright, Clymer; Gallegos, Mario; Stein, Robert; Kennedy, Tom; Berry, Garvin; Term limits (Public office); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11907; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm43009x10p; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1774qk170