- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment discusses the West Coast earthquake of 1989 with Dr. Carl Norman, Associate Professor of Geology at the University of Houston. In the second segment, Galveston City Manager Doug W. Mathews discusses measures Galveston is taking to prevent tragedies during hurricanes, including cutting back on seawall traffic. In the third segment, Congressional Candidate Beverly A. Spencer, an attorney, talks with Gwenevere Daye, Editor of National Minority Politics, and Prof. Franklin Jones of Texas Southern University's Political Science department. Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson provides sports updates and commentary in the fourth segment. Garvin Berry comments on campaigning procedures.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Norman, Carl; Mathews, Doug W.; Spencer, Beverly A.; Daye, Gwenevere; Jones, Franklin; Jackson, Alvin; Berry, Garvin; Loma Prieta Earthquake; Political campaigns; Public television
- Galveston, Texas
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11830; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3583kx40q; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1740kt08n