- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Officer Richard Retts, of the Houston Police Department (HPD)'s Public Information Offices, about the relationship between the public and the police in Houston, and neighborhood-oriented policing. Segment includes report from Gras on recent shootings by and of Houston police, and the HPD's reputation among Houstonians. Second segment is interview with Sherry Johnson, Chair of the Republican Party of Harris County, and Ken Bentsen Jr, Chair of the Democratic Party of Harris County, about election results. Third segment is interview with Gaylord Stevens, Director of the Vietnam War Museum, and Gary Thomas, President Emeritus of the Brotherhood of Vietnam Veterans, about the Vietnam War Museum, the only museum in the United States dedicated to the Vietnam War, moving to Houston, and the controversy surrounding its founding. Fourth segment is interview with Dr. David Norton, V. P. for Research for the Houston Advanced Research Center, and Jim Kollaer, President of the Greater Houston Partnership, about the capitalist enterprises entering Eastern Europe, and involvement of the First International Technology Summit at the Woodlands. In the fifth segment, J. D. Houston talks sports with sports analyst, Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from KSEV's Roger Gray about the recent elections.
- Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Retts, Richard; Johnson, Sherry; Bentsen, Ken, Jr.; Stevens, Gaylord; Thomas, Gary; Norton, David; Kollaer, Jim C.; Jackson, Alvin; Gray, Roger; Community policing; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11883; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3788cg89b; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2559q300x