- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses the Andrew De Vries shooting, and the Grand Jury's recent decision not to indict the shooter, with Neil McCabe, Professor of Constitutional Law at South Texas College of Law, and Dr. Carol Franklin, who teaches at the Language and Cultural Institute at the University of Houston. Second segment addresses political power of Latino/a communities, and the controversy over Houston Independent School District (HISD)'s selection of a new superintendent. Gras interviews Marc Campos, a political consultant at Campos Communications. Includes report on the reactions of Latinos Unidos to the selection of Rod Paige.
- Davis, Sue; Canter, Richard; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- De Vries, Andrew; McCabe, Neil Colman; Franklin, Carol; Campos, Marc; Paige, Rod; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/12007; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2627zm19w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0102c824t