- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses efforts to improve the criminal justice system in Texas with Carl Reynolds, Director of the Texas Punishment Standards Commission, and Seldon B. Hale, III, former Chair of the Texas Board of Criminal Justice. Includes report on Crime Victim's Director Andy Kahan's ideas about reforming the prison and sentencing systems. Second segment focuses on continued fighting in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the recent arrival of Bosnian refugees in Houston. Gras interviews Yasmena Sanahy, member of American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, Kassahun Bisrat, Executive Director of the Refugee Services Alliance. Includes report covering a press conference held for Bosnian refugees who have recently arrived in Houston.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Reynolds, Carl; Hale, Seldon B., III; Kahan, Andy; Sanahy, Yasmena; Bisrat, Kassahun; Public television
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11978; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm843011788; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do9385nc00s