- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Bruce Oppenheimer, Professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, and Juan R. Palomo, Columnist for the Houston Post, about the president's handling of the crisis in the Middle East and whether or not a special session of Congress will be held. Second segment is interview with Captain Mike Hampton, of the Houston Naval Reserve Readiness Center, about the potential for reservists to be called to active duty due to the invasion of Kuwait. Third segment is interview with Judge David Mendoza, presiding judge of the Harris County Criminal Court-at-Law No. 11, and Rick Brass, President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyer's Association, about the system of assigning Harris County's replacement judges. Fourth segment is interview with Patti Taylor, of the Harris County Toll Road Authority, about the Harris County Toll Road Authority and their proposal to raise tolls. Episode includes commentary from Alcestis "Cooky" Oberg about preserving our knowledge of space.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Oppenheimer, Bruce; Palomo, Juan R.; Hampton, Mike; Mendoza, David; Brass, Rick; Taylor, Patti; Oberg, Alcestis; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11884; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5221tg24x; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4914nm52v