- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with City Councilmember Jim Greenwood, and Professor Robert Kendrick, of the University of Houston-Downtown's Criminal Justice Center, about Deputy Chief Elizabeth Watson's nomination to take over for Lee Brown as Houston's Chief of Police. Second segment is interview with Richard Cobb, attorney representing three police officers involved in Delaney case, Officer Doug Elder, V. P. of the Houston Police Officers Association, and former Houston Police Chief, Harry Caldwell, about Chief Lee Brown's decision to suspend four police officers who were implicated in the Ida Lee Delaney and Byron Gillium shootings. Third segment is interview with Will Davis, member of the Texas State Board of Education, Representative Paul Colbert, member of the House Education Committee, about proposal for new public school financing reforms. Fourth segment is interview with Earl Holmes, a candidate for governor, Garvin Berry, of KTRH News, and Jane Ely, of the Houston Chronicle, about Holmes' gubernatorial campaign. Episode includes commentary from Gwenevere Daye about justice, moderation, and the Ida Lee Delaney shooting.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Greenwood, Jim; Kendrick, Robert E.; Watson, Elizabeth; Delaney, Ida Lee; Gillium, Byron; Cobb, Richard; Elder, Doug; Caldwell, Harry; Davis, Will; Colbert, Paul; Holmes, Earl; Berry, Garvin; Ely, Jane; Daye, Gwenevere; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11843; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2832r565f; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do34816n16x