- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment includes highlights from the week's news, and interview with Dr. Red Duke, Head of Life Flight Program at Hermann Hospital, Ron Stutes, COO of Hermann Hospital, Virginia Scott, V. P. of Ben Taub Hospital, and EMS Captain, Wes Warnke, about emergency medical care in Houston and the strain on local trauma centers. Second segment is interview with Kay Doughty, of the Office of Consumer Protection, and Roy Wood, from the National Council on Compensation Insurance, about issues facing Texas worker's compensation system. Third segment is interview with Keith Price, of Hunter Environmental Services, Jack Matson, Professor of Geology at the University of Houston, and Chris Sagstetter, of Friends Insist Stop Toxic Waste (FIST) environmental group, about Hunter Environmental Services' proposal to dump toxic waste into the salt domes in Liberty County, and the potential for it to leak into Lake Houston. Fourth segment focuses on the recent images of Neptune captured by the Voyager 2 Spacecraft. Bowser and Houston interview Dr. Stephen Clifford, of the Lunar and Planetary Institute, and review some of Voyager 2's images, and general mission so far. Episode includes commentary from DeLoyd Parker, founder of the Self-Help for African People through Education (SHAPE) Community Center, about drug addiction in society.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Duke, James Henry, Jr.; Stutes, Ron; Scott, Virginia; Warnke, Wes; Doughty, Kay; Wood, Roy; Price, Keith; Matson, Jack V.; Sagstetter, Chris; Clifford, Stephen Mark; Parker, DeLoyd; Emergency medical services; Hazardous wastes; Drug addiction; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11822; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm8293h045s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do296986966