- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Felix Fraga, new appointee to the Houston Independent School District (HISD) School Board, W. R. Morris, spokesperson for Concerned Citizens for Quality Public Education, Cathy Mincberg, HISD Board of Trustees President, about Felix Fraga's appointment to replace Tina Reyes on the HISD School Board. Second segment is interview with new Houston Police Department (HPD) Chief, Elizabeth Watson, about her plans for the future of the HPD. Third segment is interview with Gert Pretorius, Consul General for Houston's South African Consulate, and Omowale Luthuli, member of the Southern African Task Force, about apartheid in South Africa, especially in light of recent marches in Houston and Nelson Mandela's release this week. Fourth segment is interview with Ted Stanton, Professor of Journalism at the University of Houston, and Garvin Berry, of KTRH Radio, about media coverage of the campaign for governor. In the fifth segment, J. D. Houston discusses getting personal taxes in order with Lance Johnson, a financial consultant with Merrill Lynch. Episode includes commentary from City Councilmember, Jim Greenwood, on zoning.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Fraga, Felix; Morris, W. R.; Mincberg, Cathy; Reyes, Augustina H.; Watson, Elizabeth; Pretorius, Gert Johannes; Luthuli, Omowale; Mandela, Nelson; Stanton, Ted; Berry, Garvin; Johnson, Lance; Greenwood, Jim; Apartheid; Zoning; Public television
- South Africa
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11847; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm60752h24d; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4880hv464