- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Representative Roman Martinez, Representative Ron Wilson, and Houston Independent School District (HPD) Deputy Superintendent, Faye Bryant, about proposals to divide HISD into separate subdivided districts. Second segment is interview with City Councilmember Ernest McGowen, and John Privett, of Tax Research Association, about the pros and cons of a Houston commuter tax. Third segment is interview with Georgia Kubiak, State Coordinator for Help Abolish Legal Tyranny, Tom Smith, Director of the Texas Office of Public Citizens, Darryl Jordan, President of the State Bar of Texas, and James B. Sales, prior President of the State Bar of Texas, about the Sunset Commission's pending review of the Texas Bar Association's procedures. Fourth segment is interview with Harley Schlanger, candidate for U. S. Senate, Garvin Berry, of KTRH Radio, and Laurel Brubaker Calkins, of the Houston Business Journal, and about Schlanger's candidacy for the Senate. Episode includes commentary from John Davenport.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Martinez, Roman; Wilson, Ron; Bryant, Faye B.; McGowen, Ernest; Privett, John; Kubiak, Georgia; Smith, Tom; Jordan, Darryl; Sales, James B.; Schlanger, Harley; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Davenport, John; Taxation; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11850; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1296wx06w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7576s0762