- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Commentary by Harry Caldwell. First segment is a discussion with Edward F. Daly, a Houstonian working in Kuwait at the time of the Iraqi invasion, and how he got out of the country safely. Second segment discusses American anti-Arab sentiments with Chapter Coordinator for the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, Yasmena Samahy and her husband, Ibrahim Samahy. Third segment is an interview with Texas gubernatorial candidate, Jeff Daiell, Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post, and John Davenport. They discuss Daiell's proposed plan for state taxes, schools, and the prison system. Fourth segment is a discussion on sports with Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann; Hinkle, David
- television programs
- Daly, Edward F.; Samahy, Yasmena; Samahy, Ibrahim; Daiell, Jeff; Kennedy, Tom; Davenport, John; Jackson, Alvin; American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11873; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5153jz09r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do8634sm24x