- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses the difficulties of growing up young, Black, and male in America with Dr. Lee P. Brown, Professor at Texas Southern University and Houston's former Chief of Police. Includes report on the Fifth Ward Enrichment Program, which is comprised of an all-male staff who work directly with young men in schools in the community. Second segment focuses on a proposal by local judges to send small-time drug users to residential treatment programs for a year rather than to jail. Gras interviews Utopia Lastrap, a regional coordinator for the Texan's War on Drugs, and Steve McAllister, executive director of the Palmer Drug Abuse Program. Includes report on the Palmer Drug Abuse Program, a free non-sectarian treatment program in Harris County.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Brown, Lee P.; Lastrap, Utopia; McAllister, Steve; Drug control; Drug abuse; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11966; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm081937926; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2218dg21f