- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Dr. Paul Glezen, an epidemiologist at the Influenza Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine, and City Councilmember, Dale Gorczynski, about the A-Shanghai flu epidemic. Second segment is interview with District Court Judge, Mark Davidson, Former Judge, Alice Bonner, a plaintiff in the original lawsuit, and Representative Sylvester Turner, about the constitutionality of the Harris County judge selection process, and the pending verdict of the Federal Appeals Court. Third segment is interview with Ray Rachal, a candidate for Governor, Lana Hughes, of KTRH Radio News, George Scott, of the Tax Research Association about Rachal's current gubernatorial campaign. Fourth segment is interview with Malcolm A. Barnebey, retired Foreign Service Officer, Jordan Paust, Professor of International Law at the University of Houston, and Dewey J. Levie, a Houstonian organizing relief efforts, about the U. S. invasion of Panamá and arrest of Manuel Noriega, and what's next for Panamá. Fifth segment is interview with Almanac Sports Analyst, Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson, George Harcourt, of the Houston-Tenneco Race Committee, and about Houston sports and the upcoming Houston Marathon. Episode includes commentary from John Davenport on the election of judges in Harris County.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Glezen, William Paul; Gorczynski, Dale; Davidson, Mark; Bonner, Alice; Turner, Sylvester; Rachal, Ray; Hughes, Lana; Scott, George; Barnebey, Malcolm R.; Paust, Jordan; Levie, Dewey Joseph; Noriega, Manuel; Jackson, Alvin; Harcourt, George; Davenport, John; Influenza; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11842; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm66214p530; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do3890rs121