- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is an interview with Judson Robinson, III, who is running to replace his late father in city council. The second segment is a conversation on prenatal and neonatal care in Houston with Dr. Mary Kendrick, the Assistant Director of the City Health Department and Dr. Joseph Garcia-Prats of Ben Taub Hospital. On-site footage features Ann Helton and Diane Bynam of the March of Dimes and Peggy Smith of the Ben Taub Teenage Clinic, and Dr. Michael Tristan. The third segment is a discussion about the proposed Law Enforcement Responsibility Act of 1991, with Officer Gregg Bisso, president of the Houston Police Patrolmen's Union (HPPU) and Assistant Chief Hiram Contreras of the Houston Police Department (HPD). The fourth segment is a discussion about the use of torture in Mexico's prisons with Diego Zavala of Amnesty International, Ricardo Ampudia the Consul General of Mexico, and Prof. Thomas F. O'Brien of the University of Houston. KUHT Station Manager Jeff Clarke provides commentary on Channel 8 programming and plans for the station.
- Hinkle, David; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Robinson, Judson, III; desVignes-Kendrick, Mary; Garcia-Prats, Joseph; Bynam, Diane; Smith, Peggy B.; Tristan, Michael; Bisso, Gregg; Contreras, Hiram; Zavala, Diego; Ampudia, Ricardo; O'Brien, Thomas F.; Clarke, Jeff; Prenatal care; Torture; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11920; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm7303qx126; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2286p036b