- Main contributor
- Schwartz, Jon
Interview with Holly Hogrobrooks and Otis King about the sit-in protest at Weingarten's supermarket. Hogrobrooks begins by discussing the history of sit-in protests in Houston, beginning with Texas Southern University. They talk about the selection of Weingarten's supermarket, and the Black community's view of Riverside on the south side of the bayou. Hogrobrooks describes the reaction of shoppers to the student protest, and their own non-violent strategy.
- Hogrobrooks, Holly A.; King, Otis H.
- Urbanization; Weingarten's; Civil rights demonstrations; Texas Southern University
- Riverside, Houston; Houston, Texas
- This Is Our Home It Is Not For Sale
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2018).
This interview was used in the creation of Jon Schwartz’s documentary film “This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale.”
University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
Houston History Archives
This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale Film Collection
- Other Identifiers
- Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do31741s46s; Other: ID 2010-020, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/35143; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm68602109j