- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Dr. Jeff Starke, of the Baylor College of Medicine, and Dr. Virginia Moyer, of the University of Texas Medical School, and City Councilmember Dale Gorczynski, about reports regarding the low standard of healthcare for children in Houston. Second segment is interview with Pete Speers, District Attorney from Montgomery County, about the Clarence Brandley case and his belief in Brandley's guilt. Third segment is interview with Edward Cude, a candidate for governor, Richard W. Murray, Professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, and Robert Newberry, from the Houston Post about Cude's gubernatorial campaign. Fourth segment is interview with Benjamin Pigott, President of the Houston Lawyers Association, about the Confederate flag, and Judge Allen Daggett's decision first to display, then to remove, it from his courtroom. Fifth segment is interview with curator and artist Kevin Cunningham, artist Benito Huerta, and artist Suzanne Bloom, about new funding guidelines for the National Endowment for the Arts regarding obscenity, and their exhibition entitled "Peaceably Assembled," which addresses the guidelines. Includes commentary from former City Councilmember, Jim Westmoreland, about the Houston Chronicle's piece on his use of a racial slur.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Starke, Jeffrey R.; Moyer, Virginia A.; Gorczynski, Dale; Speers, Pete; Brandley, Clarence; Cude, Edward; Murray, Richard W.; Newberry, Robert C.; Pigott, Benjamin; Daggett, Allen; Cunningham, Kevin; Huerta, Benito; Bloom, Suzanne; Westmoreland, Jim; Child health services; National Endowment for the Arts; Obscenity; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11845; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm18430332w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0955m924c