- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Jan J. Harper, President of the Texas Shrimpers Association, and Al Barr, from Help Endangered Animals Ridley Turtles, about the issues regarding shrimper's nets and the endangered Ridley turtle. Second segment addresses gaming ship conflict over Galveston City's port. Houston and Bowser interview Terry Green, of the Pride Cruise Lines, and Fletcher Harris, of the Galveston City Council. Third segment is interview with Gil Chisolm and Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson about Houston sports and attendance. Fourth segment is interview with Hans Marticiuc, Vice President of the Houston Police Officer's Association, and Eugene Mendoza, of the Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans about Houston Police Department's recruiting drive and new education requirements. Fifth segment is interview with Charles Foster, from the American Bar Association, and Ron Parra, Head of INS office in Houston, about accusations that the INS treats political asylum seekers unfairly. Sixth segment is interview with Edwin Piece, Jr. from Worthing High School, LaRon Land, from High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, and Fran Gentry, Chairperson for the Houston ACT-SO Committee, about Houston's performance in the NAACP's ACT-SO. Episode includes commentary from Kevin Dorsey.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Harper, Jan J.; Barr, Al; Green, Terry; Harris, Fletcher; Chisolm, Gil; Jackson, Alvin; Marticiuc, Hans; Mendoza, Eugene; Foster, Charles; Parra, Ron; Piece, Edwin, Jr.; Land, LaRon; Gentry, Fran; Dorsey, Kevin; U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service; National Association for the Advancement of Colored People; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11818; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5494vj882; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do45053g56r