- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Don Smyth, Assistant District Attorney, about decision by Harris County Grand Jury not to indict former Houston Police Department (HPD) Officer Scott Tschirhart in the shooting of Byron Gillum. Second segment continues focus on Byron Gillum shooting. Bowser interviews Scott Sanes, attorney for the Gillum family, and Ada Edwards, Chairperson of the Ida Delaney/Byron Gillum Justice Committee. Third segment is interview with attorney, Frumencio Reyes, and At-Large City Councilmember Jim Greenwood, about plans to restructure Houston City Council. Fourth segment is interview with David Smith, a University of Texas student from Houston, and Martha Aasen, retired United Nations Official and keynote speaker for the year, about the Model U. N. coming to Houston. In the fifth segment, Houston talks sports with sports analyst Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from P. W. J. Wood, on damage done to the country by environmentalists.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Smyth, Don; Tschirhart, Scott; Gillium, Byron; Sanes, Scott; Edwards, Ada; Reyes, Frumencio; Greenwood, Jim; Smith, David; Aasen, Martha; Jackson, Alvin; Wood, P. W. J.; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11854; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5187pq16d; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do53246r481