- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment covers gun control and the Brady Bill, with Houston Congressman Mike Andrews, who supports the Brady Bill, a bill that states police have seven days to ok the purchase of a handgun through a licensed handgun dealer. Handgun dealers are not required to do a background check; they simply have to report the person's name to the police. The second segment is a discussion about workers' compensation regulations with Joe L. Williams, the president of Risk Analysts, Inc. Texas is one of three states that does not require workers' compensation. The third segment is an interview with State Rep. Sylvester Turner about whether or not he will run for mayor. In the fourth segment, Dr. George Rupp, president of Rice University and Prof. John Boles of Rice University join Patricia Gras and J. D. Houston to celebrate Rice University's 100 year anniversary and talk about its history and future. Roger Gray provides commentary on the monorail system.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Andrews, Mike; Williams, Joe L.; Turner, Sylvester; Rupp, George; Boles, John; Gray, Roger; Monorail railroads; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11906; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm18773v40n; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do00000000d