- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses crime in Houston public housing with Robert Reyna, Director of Housing Management for the Housing Authority, Diane Sheffield, President of the Cuney Homes Resident Council, and Assistant Police Chief F. E. Yorek. Includes report focused on Cuney Homes and what the Houston Housing Authority is doing with and for residents in order to combat crime. Second segment addresses the crisis and famine in with Howard Castleberry, photographer for the Houston Chronicle, Dudley Althaus, Mexico City Bureau Chief for the Houston Chronicle, and Dr. Zuberi Mwamba, professor of Political Science and Texas Southern University and Director of the African Studies Program. Includes report from Houston Chronicle's photographer, Howard Castleberry, on the dire circumstances he witnessed on his recent trip to Somalia, and how the western world is ignoring this.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Reyna, Robert; Sheffield, Diane; Yorek, F. E.; Castleberry, Howard; Althaus, Dudley; Mwamba, Zuberi I.; Crime; Public housing; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11965; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm924949693; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do08193792p