- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment discusses the potential shutdown of schools if a suitable funding plan is not created with state representatives Robert Eckels and Sylvester Turner. Second segment discusses Democrat presidential and vice presidential candidates Al Gore and BIll Clinton with Political Consultant, George Strong. Third segment is a discussion on crime-filled neighborhoods and what local citizens are doing to fix the problem with Robin Stackhouse, Robert Tarics, and Dr. Henry Pownall of the Braeswood Place Homeowners Association. Fourth segment is a discussion with Lourdes Resendez, a student that was a participant in a program that allowed students to visit Russia for a month, learning Russian culture and learning academic credits as well.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Eckels, Robert; Turner, Sylvester; Gore, Al; Clinton, Bill; Strong, George; Stackhouse, Robin; Tarics, Robert; Pownall, Henry J.; Resendez, Lourdes; Public schools; Crime; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11951; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5460qs80x; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2252j728b