- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a report on chemical plant safety, with Stanley Anderson, Risk Analysis Manager for Rohm and Haas Texas, Inc. and Tom Gentry, President of the local chapter of the Oil, Chemical, and Atomic Workers union. The second segment is a discussion on school funding reform and taxes with Houston Independent School District (HISD) trustees Ron Franklin and Paula Arnold. The third segment is a discussion on prison overcrowding with Mark Kellar, Director of Criminal Justice Command for the Harris County Sheriff's Department. The fourth segment covers women, kids, and AIDS, with Dr. Peggy Smith, Director for the Teen Health Clinic of Baylor College of Medicine, and Janice Thomas, Board Chairwoman of the AIDS Foundation Houston. Roger Gray provides commentary on race relations in America.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.
- television programs
- Anderson, Stanley; Gentry, Tom; Franklin, Ron; Arnold, Paula; Kellar, Mark; Smith, Peggy B.; Thomas, Janice; Gray, Roger; AIDS (Disease); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11867; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm6313zt80m; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do73720f284