- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is two separate interviews, one with State Senator Craig Washington, and one with City Councilmember Anthony Hall, about their participation in the upcoming run for late Congressman Mickey Leland's seat; guests also include members of Almanac's "Political Panel," former Mayor, Jim McConn, and Franklin Jones, Professor of Political Science at Texas Southern University. Second segment is interview with Judge Patricia Lykos, Margaret G. Gonzalez, National LULAC Vice President, and Elwyn Lee, Professor in the University of Houston Law Center, about the recent federal ruling that the way in which a number of counties elect their State District judges in Texas is unconstitutional, especially as regards the voting strength of minorities. Third segment is interview with recent mayoral candidate Rosie Walker, about her ideas regarding issues that face elections in the city of Houston. Episode includes commentary from Garvin Berry on media coverage of Houston's mayoral race.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Washington, Craig Anthony; Hall, Anthony, Jr.; Leland, Mickey; McConn, Jim; Jones, Franklin; Lykos, Patricia; Gonzales, Margaret G.; Lee, Elwyn C.; Walker, Rosie; Berry, Garvin; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11833; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3651vf56c; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7303qx12p