- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment includes highlights from the week's news, and interview with Jim Mattox, Attorney General of Texas, along with Jane Ely, of the Houston Chronicle, and Tom Kennedy, of the Houston Post, about Mattox's candidacy for governor. Second segment is interview with Houston Mayor, Kathy Whitmire, Robert Britt, of the Houston Professional Firefighters Association, and Mike Howard, of the Houston Police Patrolman's Union, about political action committees and government employees deducting money from their checks to support mayoral candidates. Third segment is interview with City Councilmember, Larry McKaskle, Jim McConn, former Mayor of Houston, and city attorney, Clarence West, about whether the law firm responsible for collecting the city's delinquent taxes owes the city money for failing to meet its quotas. Fourth segment is interview with Frank Norris, from the Federal Deposit and Insurance Corporation, Lawrence Trevino, COO of the Houston Savings Association, and Laurel Brubaker Calkins, from the Houston Business Journal, about the Savings and Loan bail-out bill recently signed by President Bush. Fifth segment addresses new approaches to dredging and enlarging the Houston Ship Channel. Bowser and Houston interview John A. Tudela, Colonel in the Army Corps of Engineers, Jim Blackburn, from the Galveston Bay Foundation, and Ned Holmes, Chairman of the Port of Houston Authority. Episode includes commentary from Houston Independent School District (HISD) Board Member, Elizabeth Spates about the management of Texas schools.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Mattox, Jim; Ely, Jane; Kennedy, Tom; Whitmire, Kathy; Britt, Robert; Howard, Mike; McKaskle, Larry; McConn, Jim; West, Clarence; Spates, Elizabeth; Leland, Mickey; Houston Independent School District; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Blackburn, Jim; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11820; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1296wx05j; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do47440t12x