- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Patricia Gras and J. D. Houston talk to Dr. Paul Pepe, the director of Houston's Emergency Medical Service, Dr. Peter B. Fisher of the Emergency Medical Services Committee and the Harris County Medical Society, and Roger Widmeyer, Director of Public Affairs at the Harris County Hospital District about the hospital district budget. In the second segment, J. D. Houston discusses the search for a new Houston Independent School District (HISD) superintendent with Houston school trustee, Wiley Henry, trustee Felix Fraga, and trustee Ron Franklin. The third segment is a discussion on Memorial Day and missing American soldiers with Kelly McNamee, member of the National League of Families of POWs and MIAs, David Velasco, whose brother is listed as missing from the Korean War, and Sibley Cooley, National President of the Brotherhood of Vietnam Veterans. In the fourth segment, Patricia Gras discusses Houston history with Roger Moore, a member of the Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission. J. D. Houston provides commentary comparing current affairs and cultural differences in England and France to those in the United States, concluding "we are all pretty much the same."
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Pepe, Paul; Fisher, Peter B.; Widmeyer, Roger; Henry, Wiley; Fraga, Felix; Franklin, Ron; McNamee, Kelly; Velasco, David; Cooley, Sibley; Moore, Roger; Emergency medical services; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11909; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm9146r146t; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0648ff53w