- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses Africa and Houston's perceptions of, and connections to, it with Marlene McClinton and Jerome Gray, two anchors for KHOU-TV 11 who are also the reporters on an eleven-part series on Africa for KHOU-TV. Includes report from Africa on the differences between its various countries and cultures by Marlene McClinton and Jerome Gray. Second segment addresses questions about deregulating the Texas trucking industry. Gras interviews Hampton Rogers, V. P. of Government Relations for the Texas Motor Transportation Association the Truckers Association, and Steve Broussard of Paul Broussard & Associates, a representative of the Texas Association for Competitive Transportation. Includes report on attempts to confront established trucking companies in Texas over regulation.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- McClinton, Marlene; Gray, Jerome; Rogers, Hampton; Broussard, Steve; KHOU-TV (Television station); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11976; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm6143b142m; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do31741s443