- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about the results of the recent Houston-area survey and Houston's economic recovery with Rice University sociologist, Prof. Stephen Klineberg. In the second segment, Almanac hosts a discussion with Thomas Freidberg, President and Chairman of Ranger Insurance, Paula Saizan of the Shell Oil Company, and Les Cave of Private Sector Initiatives about the efforts of the private sector to help public schools. The third segment is a discussion about the merging of the Houston Police Officers Association and the Houston Police Patrolman's Union (HPPU), with Sgt. Doug Elder, president of the HPOA and Officer Gregg Bisso, president of the HPPU. The fourth segment is a discussion with Gerhardus Pretorius the Consul General of South Africa in Houston about the end of apartheid. Garvin Berry provides commentary on journalism and television reporting.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Klineberg, Stephen L.; Freidberg, Thomas; Saizan, Paula; Cave, Les; Elder, Doug; Bisso, Gregg; Pretorius, Gert Johannes; Berry, Garvin; Public-private sector cooperation; Apartheid; Public television
- South Africa
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11901; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm84301176k; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1228nc88n