- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with State Senator Don Henderson, and Representative Paul Colbert, about ongoing conflicts among Texas lawmakers about how to best fund Texas' public schools. Second segment is interview with Sonceria "Sonny" Messiah, Publisher of the Houston Defender, Jane Ely, columnist for the Houston Chronicle, and Robert Stein, Professor of Political Science at Rice University, about a volatile week in Houston politics, including Clayton William's rape joke, Jim Mattox's attacks on Ann Richards, and a public feud between city councilmembers. Third segment is interview with Houston Police Officer Sandy Kline, of the Family Violence Project, and Assistant District Attorney Cindy Merrill, Chief Prosecutor in Family Offenses, about recent Houston Police Department (HPD) meetings around the community to hear from women about their fears regarding crime, and how Houston deals with crimes against women. Fourth segment is interview with City Councilmember Vince Ryan, and Virgil Knox, leader of the Property Rights group, Individual Landowners and Homeowners Inc., about plans for redevelopment in Houston's Fourth Ward, and how they will impact current residents. Episode includes commentary from Garvin Berry of KRHT Radio, on Texas state government.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Henderson, Don; Colbert, Paul; Messiah, Sonceria; Ely, Jane; Stein, Robert; Williams, Clayton; Mattox, Jim; Richards, Ann; Kline, Sandy; Merrill, Cindy; Ryan, Vince; Knox, Virgil; Berry, Garvin; Family violence; Public schools; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11853; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5631cm207; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do3651vf56v