- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston and Patricia Gras interview Mayor Kathy Whitmire on racism in the police department, term limitations, METRO's rail transit system, city council restructuring, and the Westside airport. The second segment is a discussion about beach erosion and wetland preservation with Garry Mauro, the Texas Land Commissioner, and Russell Eitel, co-chair of the Galveston County Beach Preservation Association. In the third segment, Patricia Gras interviews Jim Robinson, the Chief Appraiser for the Harris County Appraisal District about how the appraisal process works in Harris County. In the fourth segment, J. D. Houston interviews Robert Sakowitz, Chairman of the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau on tourism in Houston. Eric Gerber of the Houston Post provides commentary on Houston's plans to welcome the Queen of England.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Whitmire, Kathy; Mauro, Garry; Eitel, Russell; Robinson, Jim; Sakowitz, Robert; Gerber, Eric; Racism; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11908; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5187pq17r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do6177fs489