- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is an interview with Congressman Jack Fields of the Humble area to talk about the economy and other issues concerning voters. The second segment is a discussion about oil in America, its history and its status, with J. Hugh Liedtke of the Pennzoil Company. The second segment is a discussion about the moratorium on silicone breast implants, with Dr. Mike Miller of the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, and Patricia Hill, an attorney for O'Quinn, Kerensky, and McAninch who represent women who experienced health issues due to silicone breast implants. The third segment is a discussion on programs to combat racism in Houston, with Cherry Steinwender and Barbara Hacker of the Institute for the Healing of Racism. Lee Vela of the Harris County Outdoor Advertising Association provides commentary on the proposed ban on billboards in Houston.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Fields, Jack; Liedtke, J. Hugh; Miller, Mike; Hill, Patricia; Steinwender, Cherry; Hacker, Barbara; Vela, Lee; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11936; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm6825x803s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1433dz36t