- Main contributor
- Schwartz, Jon
Lionel Schooler shares memories of growing up in Riverside and his experiences with desegregation. He talks about the Weingarten sit-in protest, and the violent reaction his family faced when they sold their house in Riverside to a black family.
- Schooler, Lionel M.
- Urbanization; Desegregation; Civil rights demonstrations
- Riverside, Houston; Houston, Texas
- This Is Our Home It Is Not For Sale
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2018).
This interview was used in the creation of Jon Schwartz’s documentary film “This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale.”
University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
Houston History Archives
This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale Film Collection
- Other Identifiers
- Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1979h466g; Other: ID 2010-020, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/35187; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2798md60t