- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is discussion on taxes with Lee F. Burrows, a lawyer, and Ken Graeber, Executive Director of the Harris County Appraisal District. Second segment, featuring Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post, is interview with congressional candidate Shirley Fobbs. In the third segment, Jane Ely and Tom Kennedy help interview Timothy Hattenbach about his run for congress. The fourth segment is a discussion with Eddie Corral, Houston Fire Marshall, about ending Houston's Ceasefire program, which aims to deter children from playing with fire. The fifth segment is a conversation about the census, with William Morris, president of the Council of Houston Hispanic Organizations, who believes that the census is not attempting to accurately count the Hispanic population. John Lander provides humorous commentary.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Bowser, Betty Ann; Ballard, Betsy
- television programs
- Burrows, Lee F.; Graeber, Ken; Ely, Jane; Kennedy, Tom; Hattenbach, Timothy; Corral, Eddie; Morris, William; Lander, John; Arson; Census; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11829; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm0375db89t; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do74407z44d