- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The episode begins with a note from John Davenport on the crisis unfolding in Panama. In the first segment, John Davenport and Betty Ann Bowser interview Dr. Robert Kendrick, Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of Houston-Downtown, City Councilmember Vince Ryan, and Mike Howard, President of the Houston Police Patrolmen's Union, about Houston Police Chief Lee Brown's resignation and move to New York City Police Commissioner, and what will follow for Houston. Second segment is interview with Anthony Hall about his nomination to the METRO Board, and his plans for Houston's MTA. Third segment is interview with Bryan Baker of the Committee for Consumer Rate Relief, Randy M. Allen of the Office of Public Utility Counsel, and Tim Fleck, Senior Editor of the Houston Press, about their opposition to Southwestern Bell and Houston Lighting and Power's new rate plans. Fourth segment is interview with Louis J. Grabowski, of Arthur Anderson Accounting Firm, and Laurel Brubaker Calkins, of the Houston Business Journal, about holiday retail spending and the Houston economy. In the fifth segment, Bowser and Davenport talk Houston sports with Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from Garvin Berry about the HPD.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Davenport, John; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Kendrick, Robert E.; Ryan, Vince; Howard, Mike; Brown, Lee P.; Hall, Anthony, Jr.; Baker, Bryan; Allen, Randy M.; Fleck, Tim; Grabowski, Louis J.; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Jackson, Alvin; Berry, Garvin; Electric utilities; Christmas shopping; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11839; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm08537100g; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do8327mr523