- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about President Bush's drug control plan with Ira Jones, Assistant District Attorney for Harris County; Nancy Branson, chairwoman for The Shoulder, a nonprofit drug treatment center; and T. J. Milton of the the Houston Police Department. In the second segment, J. D. Houston and Betty Ann Bowser sit down with Jim Pugh of the Port of Houston Authority and Dick Morrison, Vice President of the Galveston Bay Foundation to discuss the Houston Ship Channel bond issue, and whether the Ship Channel should be made wider and deeper. The third segment with Helen Wheatley of the Houston Federation of Teachers, Diana Osborne with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, and Prof. Mark Rothstein of the Health Law Institute, is a discussion of Houston Independent School District's new plan to have random drug testing of students and teachers. Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson provides sports commentary in the fourth segment. In the fifth segment, Isaias Torres, University of Houston immigration lawyer, and Ron Parra, director of Houston INS discuss immigrant legalization program, and whether this will lead to a shortage of migrant farm workers. Barbara Kazdan provides commentary on illiteracy in Houston.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Jones, Ira; Branson, Nancy; Milton, T. J.; Pugh, Jim; Morrison, Richard; Wheatley, Helen; Osborne, Diana; Rothstein, Mark A.; Jackson, Alvin; Torres, Isaias; Parra, Ron; Kazdan, Barbara; Drug control; Houston Ship Channel; Migrant agricultural laborers; Literacy; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11824; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm8668xc33s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do9658pf64b