- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about the Mayor Whitmire's city budget proposal, with Wes Warnke, president of the Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association and Officer Gregg Bisso, President of the Houston Police Patrolman's Union. Both guests feel the new budget does not meet their needs, and are dissatisfied with Mayor Whitmire. In the second segment, Pat Ryan interviews Joy Fitzgerald, Executive Director the Housing Authority of the City of Houston and Lenwood Johnson, President of the Allen Parkway Village Residents Council, to discuss plans for Allen Parkway Village. The third segment is a panel about the new city budget, plans for the Allen Parkway Village, and the new Houston Independent School District (HISD) superintendent with Sonny Messiah, publisher of The Houston Defender, Houston Post political editor, Michael Cinelli, Garvin Berry, columnist for Houston Community Newspapers, and Rice University political science professor Robert Stein. The fourth segment is a discussion of issues, like pay equity and domestic violence, that are important to women working outside the home, with Regina Johnson, a former local district director of the Texas Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Inc. Kevin Dorsey provides commentary on the new HISD superintendent, calls the school board racially motivated.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Warnke, Wes; Bisso, Gregg; Fitzgerald, Joy; Johnson, Lenwood; Messiah, Sonceria; Cinelli, Michael A.; Berry, Garvin; Stein, Robert; Johnson, Regina; Dorsey, Kevin; Local budgets; Family violence; Equal pay for equal work; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11911; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5392g8650; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7508hg615