- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about the school district's vision with Houston Independent School District (HISD) trustee Dr. Rod Paige. The second segment is a discussion about the closing of El Mercado del Sol, with Yolanda Black Navarro, president of the Navigation Area Business Association, Burdette Keeland, Chairman of the City of Houston Planning Commission, and Nia Dorian-Becnel of the University of Houston's College of Architecture. The third segment is a discussion on the Houston Ship Channel and the EPA, with Jack Ferguson of the Environmental Protection Agency, and David Zwick, Co-director of Texas Clean Water Action. The fourth segment is a discussion on doctor-assisted suicides, with Dr. Porter Storey, Medical Director of The Hospice at the Texas Medical Center, and Margaret Bless of the Hemlock Society. Ann Hodges of the Houston Chronicle provides commentary on pop culture and the new tourism slogan "Houston's Hot."
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Paige, Rod; Black Navarro, Yolanda; Keeland, Burdette; Dorian-Becnel, Nia; Ferguson, Jack; Zwick, David; Storey, Porter; Bless, Margaret; Hodges, Ann; Assisted suicide; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11863; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm95225d33s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0511xd20x