- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Pat Ryan discusses pending vote on city bond referendum with Athalea Curry, President of the Taxpayer's Coalition of Greater Houston, and City Controller, George Greanias. Second segment focuses on homelessness in Houston and Houston Habitat for Humanity. Sue Davis interviews Carl Umland, Executive Director for Houston Habitat for Humanity, Reverend Harvey Clemons of Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church, and Michele McVey, Marketing Director at David Weekley Homes which sponsors House Raising Week. Segment includes report from Patricia Gras on Habitat for Humanity's previous House Raising event in Houston's Fifth Ward. Third segment addresses the history of the crisis in former Yugoslavia. Sue Davis interviews Prof. William Cunningham, Director of the Center for International Studies at St. Thomas University.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Ryan, Pat
- television programs
- Curry, Athalea; Greanias, George C.; Umland, Carl; Clemons, Harvey; McVey, Michele; Cunningham, William; Former Yugoslav republics; homelessness; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11955; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm8327mr55n; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do29698697j