- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Commentary by Sissy Farenthold on General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT). First segment discusses a proposed plan to raise money for local oil spill response efforts with Harris County Judge John Lindsay. Second segment is a question and answer discussion with U.S. Senate Candidate, Gary Johnson, Professor Robert Stein of Rice University, and Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle ahead of the upcoming election, topics touched on are the United States involvement in the Middle East crisis, the lack of a national energy policy, and immigration. Third segment discusses Texas education reform with Tom Luce.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Farenthold, Sissy; Lindsay, Jon; Johnson, Gary; Stein, Robert; Ely, Jane; Luce, Tom; Oil spills; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11872; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm4368kf244; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do5460qs80d