- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Representative Paul Colbert, Chairman of the House Education Committee's Budget and Appropriations Subcommittee, and Paula Arnold, President of Houston School Board and Houston School Trustee, about latest State Supreme Court ruling that the most recent public school funding proposal is unconstitutional. Second segment is interview with Congressman Mike Andrews about the war in Iraq, and the recent Congressional vote against continued sanctions against Iraq. Second segment is interview with Karen Smith, President of Friends-Families Allied in Troop Support (FFAITH), and Yvonne Herbold, President of Houstonians Offering Prayers and Encouragement (HOPE), about the ways in which their organizations assist the friends and relatives of those fighting in Saudi Arabia. Third segment is interview with Kes Gaizutis, a Lithuanian-born Houstonian, Vytout Bulota, a Lithuanian-American, and Joseph Nogee, Professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, about Soviet restrictions against dissent in Baltic republics of Lithuania and Latvia. Episode includes commentary from Professor Bill Cunningham from the University of St Thomas on the differences between peace demonstrations today and in the Vietnam Era.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Colbert, Paul; Arnold, Paula; Andrews, Mike; Smith, Karen; Herbold, Yvonne; Gaizutis, Kes; Bulota, Vytout; Cunningham, William; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11894; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm60752h25r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do00343r089