- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Reporter Martha Lane reports on new Houston Independent School District (HISD) accountability plan. This plan rewards high-performing schools, and gives low performing school principals a chance to develop plans to turn school around. Patricia Gras interviews HISD Board of Trustees member Don McAdams and Wesley Elementary Principal Thaddeus Lott. Texas Educational Agency has lowered standards to rate schools. Second segment features the House Police Department "Soul Patrol" aimed at keeping high school students off drugs and in school. "Just say 'no' to drugs is not enough, you must say 'yes' to education." Gras interviews founder of the Soul Patrol Officer Mike Jones and Officer Leslie Henderson. Gras is interested in the use of rap to reach students.
- Davis, Sue; Canter, Richard; Gras, Patricia; Lane, Martha
- television programs
- McAdams, Don; Lott, Thaddeus; Jones, Mike; Henderson, Leslie; Drug control; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/12017; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm4675r896s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0170ms40p