- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses gun ownership with Sue King, member of the board of directors of National Rifle Association (NRA), Mike Howard, president of Houston Police Patrolmen's Union, and Doug Briggs, author of "A Matter of Personal Protection." Includes report from Martha Bain on Texas bill heading to legislature that allows private citizens to carry concealed weapons, and the revised Brady Bill before congress. Second segment focuses on the involvement of Houston's schools in the Houston International Festival. Gras interviews Carrie Eickenroht, chair of the Junior League Committee responsible for Festival curriculum guides, and Judy Tink, Marketing Director for the Houston International Festival. Includes report from Martha Bain on children from Crespo Elementary who are learning about Mexico, the Houston International Festival's featured country for the year.
- Davis, Sue; Knight, Rusty; Gras, Patricia; Bain, Martha
- television programs
- King, Susan; Howard, Mike; Briggs, Doug; Eickenroht, Carrie; Tink, Judy; National Rifle Association of America; Houston International Festival; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11981; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm0648ff522; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do6518rd28j