- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Commentary by Garvin Berry. First segment is a discussion on the Harris County Jail with Dr. Bob Kendrick, the Executive Director of Continuing Education for the University of Houston-Downtown and Harris County attorney, Harold Streicher . Overcrowding, early release of inmates, and possible solutions to many of the jail's problems are discussed. Second segment is a discussion on new regulations to improve the quality of care in nursing homes with State Senator, Chet Brooks of Pasadena and Floyd Rhoades, President of A. R. A. Living Centers, that operated 50 living centers in Houston. Third segment is a discussion on household hazardous waste and what can be done about it with Director of Resource Conservation for Texas General Land Office, John Hamilton and Ed Chen, Recycling Coordinator for Houston Public Works Department. Fourth segment is a discussion on sports with Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson.
- Ryan, Pat; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Berry, Garvin; Kendrick, Robert E.; Streicher, Harold; Brooks, Chet; Rhoades, Floyd B.; Hamilton, John; Chen, Ed; Jackson, Alvin; Hazardous wastes; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11877; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm24579s773; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do5631cm20q