- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
This is the season premiere of Almanac, which J. D. Houston describes as a fast-paced news magazine program. The first segment is a review of news for the week. The second segment is an interview with Fred Hofheinz about his run for mayor. The third segment is a political panel discussion about the mayoral race, with Prof. Richard W. Murray of the University of Houston's Political Science department, Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post, Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and former Houston Mayor Jim McConn. The fourth segment is an interview with Mike and Cynthia Proctor, a couple from Huntsville, about their credit card debt and how they now manage to live without credit. Jean Law, a Consumer Credit Counselor, is a guest. The fifth segment is a discussion on the AIDS bill with Dr. Robert Feldtman, a heart surgeon who supports the House bill, Ray Hill, a gay rights activist, and John Paul Barnich, chairman of the AIDS Foundation. The sixth segment is a discussion about the push for democracy in China, with Zengyi Chang, student protester, Fan Lu, student protester, and Prof. William J. Cunningham of the University of St. Thomas. The seventh segment is a discussion about the Houston Grand Opera's production "Where's Dick?" with baritone Henry Stram and composer Stewart Wallace. Kevin Dorsey provides commentary on homicides in Houston.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Hofheinz, Fred; Murray, Richard W.; Kennedy, Tom; Ely, Jane; McConn, Jim; Proctor, Mike; Proctor, Cynthia; Law, Jean; Feldtman, Robert; Hill, Ray; Barnich, John Paul; Chang, Zengyi; Lu, Fan; Cunningham, William; Stram, Henry; Wallace, Stewart; Dorsey, Kevin; Local elections; Debt; AIDS (Disease); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11809; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm43009x09g; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do48128b28k