- Main contributor
- Schwartz, Jon
Rabbi Hyman Schachtel talks about integration, and says that for white residents to object to integration was for them to violate the highest teachings of any religion. He talks about the efforts he made to promote peaceful integration via his writings. Footage includes a piano performance by Rabbi Schachtel.
- Schachtel, Hyman J.
- Urbanization; Integration
- Riverside, Houston; Houston, Texas
- This Is Our Home It Is Not For Sale
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2018).
This interview was used in the creation of Jon Schwartz’s documentary film “This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale.”
University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
Houston History Archives
This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale Film Collection
- Other Identifiers
- Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2047rn88j; Other: ID 2010-020, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/35186; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3037hr168