- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Althea C. Criner, Principle at Rhoads Elementary, Zelda Miller, a teacher at Rhoads, and Waddell Dunmore, a parent of three Rhoads Elementary students, about issues facing Houston Independent School District (HISD), and restructuring at Rhoads Elementary School. Second segment is issue with City Councilmember, Leonel Castillo, about racial politics and Houston City Council's appointment of Marguerite Robinson as the replacement for her recently deceased husband, Judson Robinson, Jr. Third segment is interview with Representative Sylvester Turner, Representative Robert A. Eckels, and State Senator Don Henderson, about the issues being addressed in the 72nd Texas Legislature. Fourth segment is interview with Dr. Alann Kraut, Professor of History at American University, about Immigration Act of 1990 and major reforms to U. S. immigration laws. Episode includes commentary from Kathy Whitmire about Metro Rail.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Criner, Althea C.; Miller, Zelda; Dunmore, Waddell; Castillo, Leonel; Robinson, Marguerite; Turner, Sylvester; Eckels, Robert; Henderson, Don; Kraut, Alann; Whitmire, Kathy; Emigration and immigration; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11889; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm901070163; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do29354f886