- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is discussion about drunk driving in Houston, with City Councilwoman Eleanor Tinsley, Vera Cronin, Judicial Coordinator for Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and Brian Poole, the father of a DWI victim. In the second segment, City Councilman Anthony Hall, Jr. joins Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post and Gwenevere Daye to talk about his campaign for congress. Mayoral Candidate Shelby B. Oringderff talks about his candidacy. The third segment is a conversation about trauma care in Houston, with Dr. Ron Merrell, Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs at the University of Texas Medical School, Peggy McCall, Administrative Director of Memorial Hermann's Emergency Medical Center, and Virginia Scott, president of Ben Taub's Emergency Medical Center. Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson provides sports updates in the fourth segment. Ned Holmes provides commentary on the deepening and widening of the Houston Ship Channel, and voices his support for the project.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Tinsley, Eleanor; Cronin, Vera; Poole, Brian; Hall, Anthony, Jr.; Kennedy, Tom; Daye, Gwenevere; Oringderff, Shelby B.; Merrell, Ron; McCall, Peggy; Jackson, Alvin; Holmes, Ned; Drunk driving; Emergency medical services; Houston Ship Channel; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11827; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm7747dt170; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do92150j603