- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses teen pregnancy and STDs, and a new Gallup poll that shows 68 percent of Americans approve of the distribution of condoms in schools, with Dr. Robert Weinberger, a clinical psychologist with an emphasis in Community Health Education, and Joyce Yost, interim director of the AIDS Foundation Houston. Includes report on sex education classes at Westbury High School in Houston. Second segment focuses on homelessness in Houston. Gras interviews Sally Shipman, director of the Coalition for the Homeless, and Earl Hatcher, executive director of the Search Homeless Project. Includes report on homeless shelter owned and operated by Janie Barrera that burned down a year ago.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Weinberger, Robert; Shipman, Sally; Yost, Joyce; Barrera, Janie; Hatcher, Earl; Teenage pregnancy; Sexually transmitted diseases; Homelessness; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11967; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm13655f20x; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do47440t138