- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with engineer, Joe Olson, and Professor Walter McCoy, a city planning specialist from Texas Southern University, about plans for the city of Houston going forward. In the second segment, Sheila Rushlo and Houston interview Sam Pierce, Chairman of BancPro Group, Nat Eisenberg, Houston economist, Dale Steffes, Planning & Forecasting Consultant, and Laurel Brubaker Calkins, of the Houston Business Journal, about Houston's economic outlook. Third segment is interview with Dr. Wayne Blevins, Superintendent of the Alief School District, Dr. George Magner, Interim President of the University of Houston, and Dr. Neal Lane, Provost of Rice University, about the future of education in Houston. Fourth segment is interview with Professor Robert Stein, of Rice University, Professor Richard W. Murray, of the University of Houston, and Robert C. Newberry, columnist for the Houston Post, about campaign spending and politics in the '90s. Fifth segment is interview with two representatives from the Johnson Space Center, John Aaron, Manager of Space Station Projects, and Mark Craig, Manager of Lunar and Mars Explorations, and author Alcestis Oberg, about the future of Americans in space. Episode includes commentary from George Greanias about what Houston needs in the 1990s.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Rushlo, Sheila
- television programs
- Olson, Joseph A.; McCoy, Walter; Pierce, Sam; Eisenberg, Nat; Steffes, Dale W.; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Blevins, Wayne; Magner, George; Lane, Neal F.; Stein, Robert; Murray, Richard W.; Newberry, Robert C.; Aaron, John; Craig, Mark; Oberg, Alcestis; City planning; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11841; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm4470zq506; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do97956g962